Thursday, November 10, 2011

Not the last blog Yet

UOMe to MoneySlate

As Darren correctly pointed out, there was an entire mess around the name UOMe and it just made no sense to try and stand out from the meaningless melee of search results on google. So we decided it was name changing time. I am sure a few of them were surprised with this almost eleventh hour name change but it was really worth it as people are able to find our app more easily and the name is not as 'insensitive' as it apparently was before.

The journey is not yet complete though. We got a lot of feedback for the app and will continue developing it. One funny thing I found myself doing during the poster session was pitching for my app as well as the entirety of HTML5 webapps and how they might one day trump native apps. I even got into long debates with random people and the entire experience was fun. I had never actually done a real sales pitch before but today was awesome and kindof got the hang of it. By the 3rd time I was pitching I was so confident that everything went like clockwork and believe me, this confidence you show really sways people to your app eventhough they might seem to be reluctant to the idea at first. The icing on the cake was when Aravindh and myself got the Vice-Dean interested in our app and made him forget the fact that he had given us only 5 minutes to talk (Ofcourse we knew he was the Vice-Dean only after Prof. Ben told us). Summarizing, I feel this has been a great step for me in presenting as well as selling my ideas more clearly and the fact that I could convince so many people is testament that it was indeed a great step forward. Well, time to sleep now and look at what is happening in the other modules too.

No comments:

Post a Comment